Hi beautiful people,
Today’s post is one of those random blogs where I try to let my mind run free. So I apologize in advance if it’s a bit all over the shop. If you know me well, I’m one of those organize freaks who must always carry her planner around. In addition, I love to lay out all of my content ideas across the span of the upcoming month and I usually plan what I need to get done prior to the due date.
However, have you ever experienced something along the lines of scrapping an idea because you just don’t feel it’s the right thing to do or even post? I don’t know. I get a bit weird like that sometimes and to be quite frank today was one of those days. So I hope you don’t mind a pure random thoughts post. I would be doing the same in my personal journal, however, I have decided to write it in digital form this evening.
My day went something like this…
I woke up fairly late today, I wouldn’t say I had the best sleep ever but it was okay. I made myself a good breakfast with a nice hot infused fruit tea (something I’m LOVING at the moment). I then signed myself up for a “Body Attack” fitness class @ 12:15pm that truthfully had my gluteus screaming HELLO! However, Hubby bought home a delicious organic burger and a pumpkin sauce pasta dish that we each devoured in minutes. I then basically had a quiet evening at home, followed by another tea and some delicious dinner soon after.
On my way to the gym, I spent a little bit of time observing some of the architecture and took a few snapshots. One of the many things I love about Switzerland is how beautiful their buildings are. There could be fine restaurants at the bottom of an apartment complex or a McDonalds. You will even have some of the most official offices in a building that appears to look nothing like it could be even remotely official. Okay, enough rambling! It’s so cool to experience life in a new country amongst what we interpret as “old looking.” Vintage has such a cool vibe to it and to be quite honest it’s given me more inspiration now that I am here to write even more – cool right?
My focus for this week is to get back to feeling 100% again. I think last week was such a flat week for me personally. I won’t go into too much detail but it was just a mix of different things like lady time (women will understand), a busy week catching up with friends, rescheduling, lack of motivation, bad skin, forcing myself to do things I didn’t want to do, miscommunications between people… argh you get the point. But life still goes on right? So I figured I would write down a few things that I’ve learned this past week and there is A LOT:
- Never get in the middle of somebody else’s issues. Stay in your lane!
- Focus on yourself but don’t be selfish. There is a difference.
- Exercise is your best friend. 30-45minutes a day will help keep the stress away.
- Ginger cures all! A hot ginger tea cures bad cramps or inflammation.
- Chocolate will always be my go-to cheer up food.
- Don’t waste your time on unnecessary things in life including people. (harsh but true)
- Get rid of negative energy in your life.
- ALWAYS keep family close.
- Always stay connected with friends through text, phone call or Facetime.
- Catch up with friends when you can.
- Don’t try to work while you’re frustrated. BREATHE & LET IT GO.
- Money is an everyday conversation.
- You’re not perfect but neither is the person sitting next to you.
- Self-love is the best kind of love honey!
- No matter what stay positive!
Honestly, my life is pretty amazing. I love knowing that I am doing something right throughout my week to better myself. This past week is yet another learning experience and although nothing really went according to plan here’s to a positive week ahead!
I hope you enjoyed my journal entry. Please leave me a comment and let me know what has been some of your learning points this past week? I look forward to hearing from you.
Miss Rose 🌹