Wow. Where to begin. I know a lot of you are a bit lost for words as we each encounter our own struggles through life right now. I honestly hate using the word struggle. I prefer to use the word challenge. Why? Because life is full of exciting challenges and that just sounds way better… rolls eyes ANYWAYS. While I sit here sipping a hot cup of camomile tea, I envisioned this post to head in a direction that I would hope serve as a bit of motivation to get us through this time.
Maybe let’s start here first. Develop a new skill, maybe you feel inspired to write a book, take an online course, complete a 1000 piece jig saw puzzle – I don’t know read my blog! It all sounds like a bit of a broken record if you ask me. Over this quarantine lockdown phase I have found my new love for reading. I enjoy reading a chapter a night before I go to bed, well actually, more like three to four chapters oops.
I have been thoroughly enjoying the book titled, “Aligned & Unstoppable,” by the author Cassie Mendoza-Jones. I have gained a real interest in books that speak about positive affirmations, helpful life and business tools, how to align your dreams, clear away fears and call in what’s next. I love a book that leaves you feeling super inspired to tackle life and to be the best version of yourself. I would love to share a few key points that Cassie shares and my take on what we can do to get through this together!
1. Get excited for what’s to come. This doesn’t mean panic because of the economic crisis – I mean lets be honest here it’s okay to be a little worried (I was) but don’t get caught up in the anxiety of it all. In this time focus on what you may be able to work on that will expand your business for long term success. It doesn’t even have to business related. It can be as simple as working on you, yourself as a person. Develop a skill. Learn to bake, learn the piano, build a closer relationship with your son or daughter – focus on the good and remain in the present.
2. Invest in yourself. Time, love, abundance, you are important. Enjoy the extra sleep in you have at the moment. Enjoy the pyjama work days at home. Spend time perfecting the little things. Establish a good routine and make it a habit.
3. Take action. Finding the motivation to complete a task at home will empower you to up level your creativity and skill and most importantly your self belief throughout you life and business.
4. Be patient with yourself. You can’t rush what’s meant to be. Whether that’s work, a new project, completing a jig saw puzzle or finishing a book – give yourself space to grow.
5. Show up. The best way to show up is by waking up every morning with the idea that you are going to be better than you were yesterday. Open your curtains, grab a coffee, pump some music and get dressed for the day! Celebrate life never take it for granted.
6. Let fear lead you. Right now its the fear of unknown and that’s totally okay. Maybe use this fear to become fiercer and braver than ever before. It’s not just you that is dealing with challenges of life. Every person has something they are dealing with on a daily basis.
7. Ask for support that is okay. If you need help then ask for help. Sometimes you may feel embarrassed, a little bit prideful… put it aside for now. It’s okay!
8. Look after yourself. This is quite self explanatory. You matter. Health is so important. Regardless of what is happening in the world take some time out to take care of yourself. Sleep, eat, exercise, meditate, journal, play video games, watch movies. Do what makes you happy.
9. Grow before you feel ready. I speak about this in my upcoming book that I am hoping to release by the end of this year. In order for us to feel ready to move on to the next phase of our life or in business we must grow. Whether that’s as a person, through a life lesson, a skill, a moment… you will know when you’re ready for that next big thing.
10. Trust in yourself. Always. While you may feel a little anxious *raises hand,* or feeling a bit emotional through this time. I just want you to know that we are all in this together.
While it may be hard to grasp exactly how the future will pan out for all of us. I think it’s really important to take care of ourselves both mentally and physically during this time. Just a disclaimer before I end the post. I think the last time I blogged was just before I graduated University. A lot has changed since then but I’ll save that for another post!
I hope you found this post to be helpful. I’m looking forward to writing more content for you all. Stay healthy and safe! My new book BLUSHING SUCCESS is almost finally ready to be published soon so definitely be on the look out for that.